September 20, 2014

Random Posting for Penn State 9/20/14

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  I checked and I complained about this same thing exactly one year ago ... but why do the announcepeople say that HACKENBERG "scampers"?  May I offer up "bolts" or "darts" or "sprints"?  I don't know why, but "scampers" just makes me think it's code for "prances" and that they're mocking him...
2.)  As is customary ... AttaBoy FICKEN ... what with your 42 yd successful field goal (longest of the year so far)!
3.)  On what the internet said was JoePa day today ... it makes sense to be in a position where everyone was waiting to see if the score would be run up in the second half.
4.)  How's that now?  7 games in a row where opponents are kept from scoring in the first quarter?  I'm generally not fond of all those random statistics, but I'll take that one.
5.)  Just when the puppy dogs got used to the yells of "touchdown" (and let's face it, there were quite a few of those today), they ended up startled by the Nittany Lion sound.
6.)  Speaking of which, kudos to UMass player WYLIE, who may have inspired three legged Ozzie to a new career aspiration.
7.)  Well hello there DJ CROOK!
8.)  It may be that I'm a little homesick for my Indiana family, but UMass just made me think of Teddy, who lives there now ... and FROHNAPPLE just made me think of Jac, who is serving in Germany ... and those commercials for the special midnight black gator from John Deere just made me think of Robert, because it seems like that would be something he'd have (except his grandfather wouldn't let him have anything from John Deere [I'm pretty sure]).
9.)  On to Northwestern.  Well, Northwestern comes on to us.  Well, you know what I mean ...

In closing, thanks to the HD television ... not that I'm trying to be a tech snob or anything, but that feature sure does improve the viewing experience of live sporting events (although I could probably do without knowing which team members are circumcised or not [just sayin'])

THIS WHOLE SCAMPER BUSINESS BOTHERED ME LAST YEAR AS WELL (#5):
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2013/09/random-posting-for-penn-state-92113.html

MAY I SUGGEST A THESAURUS TO REPLACE THE SCAMPER?:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/scamper?s=t

IF ONLY IT WEREN'T A JOHN DEERE:
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/corporate/our_company/news_and_media/press_releases/2014/residential/2014aug5_special_edition_gators.page?

No comments:

Post a Comment