June 17, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/17/14

It's week 3 of Billy Joel month!

[As a reminder, it's Billy Joel month in the first place only because I said so after listening to the dedicated satellite radio station of his for five non stop hours coming back from the concert in Jacksonville last month.]

I can partially blame the post-graduate education I got that has rewired my brain to be able to argue both sides (or, based on the amount of debt I carry, maybe that should be "credit" instead of blame) ... and I can partially thank a well honed curiosity ... and I can understand that part of it is a developed anti-authoritarian streak that tends not to accept things at face value or "just because" ... and a good bit of this attitude is just from getting older and having kept my eyes wide open throughout the decades I've been living ...

But whatever it is, this tune "Shades of Grey" from *late* Billy Joel that I consider a reprise of the *early* Billy Joel "Angry Young Man" does strike a chord ... "the more I find out the less that I know" and ... as political season tends to be non-stop, "the only people I fear are those who never have doubts" ... preach it brother Billy!

BA BA BADUWA BA BA BADUWA BA BA BADUWA TAA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CopYqp0HZkY


No comments:

Post a Comment