June 15, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 6/15/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

Father's Day.

I had my moment of remembrance this past Wednesday ... at the oddest of times for the strangest of reasons.  Mine was during "the mowing of the lawn", when I was all but a paper towel head band and an ice cold watermelon chaser away from *being* my dad.  Of course, my shorts were much tamer than the ones he liked to wear during the task (also on display in these photos I found in the box of picture goodies I got when he passed away).

Keeping it reals (as the kids say ... or as they used to say) ... it's not like we had the closest of relationships (no need to rehash that in this post, especially when it's so easy to find with the blog search powered by the google), but it does feel like a little bit of vindication in how I'm clearly his son (speaking of not rehashing, there's probably no need to bring up that parenting gem of one of his wives who cast dispersions on my true paternity as part of the manipulations that manifested from her own jealousy).

So bottom line ... no need to rehash ... and enjoy these classic photos of classic cars and classic fashion choices ... and happy father's day to you and yours.

And in lieu of my customary triplicate of companion links, here's the bonus photo demonstrating that same sartorial sense (and look ... turns out wife beaters were practically in my DNA after all) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment