May 10, 2014

Random Soapbox for Saturday 5/10/14

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... this is the time of year that hurts like no other.  As much as I don't like to disclose too much about my personal life, sometimes blogs and Facebooks play a role in modern mourning practices.

So ... despite filling my life with distractions of all kinds ... (the big move ... two new puppies ... working as many weekends as I can ... finding projects to stay up all night) ... the sense of loss that I feel every year at this time can be overwhelming if I let myself think about it too much.

I know there will be more to look forward to in the week ahead, and by the fall, I'll be fully engaged as I need to be ... but it's just that the world got more cruel in the past few seasons with deaths that turned into resurrections such that even the news of the weekend can still play on that sense of hope that maybe, at the last minute, some other end game will come into view.

Absent knowledge of such back room wheelings and dealings ... it does appear that I've watched my last episodes of shows like The Tomorrow People ... and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland ... and Super Fun Night ... and the Neighbors ... and Trophy Wife ... and The Crazy Ones ... and Raising Hope ... and Revolution.  And fie unto you who played with my emotions by ending a season with a twist or an untied loose end ... magnifying the loss by making me live each day without knowing how things might have played out.

Oh ... and the biggest fie of all to those who brought us so close to "six seasons and a movie", only to dash our Community dreams.

I just have to remember ... this too shall pass.

In other news, upfronts start on Monday!

THE LIST OF THOSE WHO PERISHED:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/09/list-of-renewed-and-cancelled-broadcast-shows-for-the-2013-14-broadcast-season/261970/

SO CLOSE ... SO CLOSE AND YET ... SO FAR:
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/community-saved-fans/

BRING ON THE UPFRONTS!:
http://www.tv.com/news/state-of-the-networks-upfronts-2014-139948866066/


No comments:

Post a Comment