May 11, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/11/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

... the same thing as everyone else ... Mother's Day!

You can call me greedy or selfish ... but I just call me lucky ... to have had so many strong women who have served in that role over the years -- and I'm not talking about my bio-dad's propensity for collecting wives (because, let's face it, not all of them had the motherly skill set) -- but the fact that unbelievably caring women like the ones pictured below (Judy W, Laura W, Evelyne L and JoAnn D [RIP]) all took time to raise me over the years and to offer up love and support and comfort and guidance when I needed it most (whether I knew I needed it or not)!

In the main photo ... the last picture taken of me and my bio-mom, when we met at my sister's house near St. Louis a few years back for my nephew's graduation.  She's not on the Facebook ... and our relationship is a bit more unusual because of the way we've each chosen to play the cards that life has dealt us ... but I also stop to think of her on this day and to recall fondly the early early days in the seventies when we were together.

In lieu of the usual links that I put at the end of my posts ... the aforementioned photos ... and a Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment