April 17, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 4/17/14

What with this being holy week and today being Maundy Thursday for many, it's only natural that, in today's post, I'm contemplative about religion in general.  It's been many many many years since my comparative religion class at LVC, but I've also traveled and welcomed others into my circle that believe in ways other than mine.

I keep a Book of Mormon and a Koran next to my collection of family Bibles ... and I'm even somewhat hip to the more modern religions that just originated last century (like Scientology and Oprah) ... but after reviewing my daily news feed on the Facebook, it seems to me that I'm missing out on the most recent addition to the family of religions to compare.

So can y'all fill me in on the Zumba faith?  I've gathered that devoted believers commune multiple times a week ... and that there appear to be a number of high-priestesses who cultivate followings where "fervor" barely describes the attitude of those who attend "services".  Oh ... and proselytizing is *for sure* a part of the calling.

Whatever you practice ... from A (atheism?) to Z (zumba) ... here's hoping you have a great weekend ... and to those who "celebrate", Happy Easter to you and yours!

WE ARE ALL MORE SIMILAR THAN DIFFERENT:
http://www.comparativereligion.com/

WHO KNEW?  ZUMBA MAY BE EVIL FOR CHRISTIANS!:
http://sharingreflections.blogspot.com/2012/10/is-zumba-okay-for-christians.html

WHO KNEW (TWO)?  ZUMBA MAY MAKE JEWISH WOMEN PROSTITUTES!:
http://beforeitsnews.com/religion/2013/12/brooklyn-orthodox-jewish-rabbi-warns-that-zumba-causes-jewish-women-to-become-prostitutes-2459906.html

No comments:

Post a Comment