April 18, 2014

Random Flashback for Friday 4/18/14

Pre-eee-ee-pare-ye-the-way-of-the-Lord.

And so marks the 20th anniversary of the first fully staged production in the (then) newly renovated Leedy Theatre (nee Little Theatre) in the erstwhile Mund College Center of LVC ... Godspell, as presented back in the spring of 1994.

And this also explains, finally, the reason for my general beardedness during this chapter of my life, as I was indeed cast to betray Jesus and felt the need to disguise my usual cute baby face with something more sinister (aka facial hair).

Seems like the right flashback for this religious holiday weekend, no?  That's the director getting crucified on the stage cross contraption in the main photo ... but there's a larger group shot in the bonus pics ... and a photo of Jesus himself (Mr. Jenkins as I recall) sitting next to an actor who might look familiar to some because he murder-mysteried with us once or twice ... and, finally, two leading ladies of the stage of that era.

Besides the faux-vaudeville song I had to sing with the Savior character, the other thing I vividly remember is being allowed to not show up for curtain call, and to, instead, go outside of the main doors, and mimic myself hanging from a tree ... just to be all method-y in my Judasness to the very end.

And to those who celebrate ... Happy Easter to you and yours ... day by day by day by day by day!




No comments:

Post a Comment