March 12, 2014

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/12/14

Florida Trashpike.

Used in a sentence:  "Now that I'm armed with my Sunpass, I got to drive the Florida Trashpike on this work trip to Orlando (from which I've now returned)!"

A few disclaimers ... first, I did not take this picture as I promised Oprah some time ago that I wouldn't use my phone while I drive (it's a google stock photo [thanks Mr. Google!]) ... second, I actually didn't get to drive much of the Florida Trashpike on the way home today, because, the road was on fire near Jupiter (not the planet, but the place to where Burt Reynolds retired [he didn't die yet, right?]), and they detoured traffic over to I-95 (where I got to spend ninety minutes in rush hour going no more than 30 MPH [ugh!]) ... and third, I'm not complaining about litter or disparaging the general appearance of the ride (they give a hoot here .. they don't pollute [was that a regional ad or a national one?]).

What caught me by surprise?  The birds of prey circling overhead every few miles, a sure sign that it was time to roll up the windows to avoid the stench from multiple landfills right next to the thoroughfare.  I'm sure there's a history to it all as to why it makes sense to be where it is ... but, for sure, it was a lesson (quickly) learned.

I HAD A BRUSH WITH A BRUSH FIRE TODAY (BONUS WORDPLAY!):
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2014/mar/12/brush-fire-out-control-martin-south-fork-evacuated/

THE SOURCE OF THE GOOGLE PIC (GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE):
http://www.southeastroads.com/fl-tpk_nc.html

AN INTERACTIVE MAP OF WASTE SITES IN MY NEW STATE (KNOW YOUR TRASH):
http://www.wastemap.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment