March 13, 2014

Random Thought for Thursday 3/13/14

 
You take the good ... you take the bad ... you take them both and there you have ... the facts of Florida ...

Look it's still paradise with temps in the mid eighties and plenty of sunshine each day, but I have learned two new things in the "con" column of the whole "big move" thing ... actually quite literally.  First, I can't use my TCF bank card at most establishments as a credit card (I *have* to use debit so that they capture my pin number), because, as my bank says, "too many of those vendors have filed too many fraud claims with us".  Second, the local branch of my insurance company "set my expectations" that the policy will likely double due to the fact that FL has 34% of drivers without insurance and that there is a tendency to stage accidents so as to commit insurance fraud.

My response ... when I meet people now, I will work to find out in the first few minutes of the conversation whether they are an ex-con recently rehabilitated, an ex-con on the lam, an ex-con hoping for that one final score that will allow them to retire, an ex-con in training, a current con about to strike or a future con who hasn't bloomed into full grown con-ness just yet.

But again ... there's good with the bad ... namely, the fact that I got to go to Orlando and see co-workers and friends ... and that my sister and her son are coming to town this weekend to attend a swim meet ... and that my Indiana family arrives next week for a two week visit ...and that the family may grow by one within the next few weeks.  And, to the best of my knowledge, all of those things belong squarely in the "pro" column.

TIME TO RESEARCH MY ENVIRONS:
http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/fraud/fraudulent-use-of-credit-cards.html

THE FIFTH MOST EXPENSIVE IN THE COUNTRY:
http://www.insurefloridians.com/why-are-florida-auto-insurance-rates-so-high/

I DON'T WANT TO JINX IT, BUT IT'S TIME TO GROW THE FAMILY:
http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/10346656-fort-lauderdale-florida-american-pit-bull-terrier-mix

No comments:

Post a Comment