March 10, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 3/10/14

Gone but not forgotten:  the equipment that works the remote access at the Orlando center for my company.

So I'm in Orlando for the next few days for work and stuff, and it was mainly to upgrade the software for the above mentioned system ... except, in order to do so, I had to have someone walk me through manipulating the hardware on site, including "unplugging" something from the motherboard of the system.  I was warned, "it's liable to be pretty tight as it's never been unplugged since it was installed", and when I couldn't unplug it, I did what every other person would do and I wiggled it a little.

However, as a beyond-her-prime Whitney Houston would sing shortly before her bath-nap (okay ... go ahead ... I'll pause while you groan at my insensitivity ... although is it really/still too soon?), "I Didn't Know My Own Strength", and I wiggled it to the point where it came undone ... but in pieces, as a key little tiny pin thingy as miniscule as an eyeglass screw fell to the ground.

That which was supposed to go from "old" to "new", but instead went from "old" to "dead" (I'm talking about the tech stuff, not Ms. Houston) ... you will be missed (even moreso if the vendor can't replace the hardware tomorrow as planned) ...

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW TONIGHT'S MUSICAL REFERENCE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLE4w0uA8nY

MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THIS TUNE (OF WHICH I'VE NEVER HEARD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekRf4Cefhc

LUCKILY, MY COMPANY DOES NOT TAKE THIS APPROACH IN THIS SITUATION:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDc7Tlgfg7M


No comments:

Post a Comment