February 23, 2014

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 2/23/14

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

... the fact that Incognito is now fully forced out of his hidden-in-the-locker room numero uno a-hole status.

(Well, maybe it was actually more what they were talking about *last* week, when the report came out ... but give a boy a break ... I've been without TV since leaving the resort on Thursday [but I gots it now, yo!])

It's hard not to comment without wanting to say things like he should have picked on someone his own size (had he been able to find someone of his own size [oops, I think I've slipped into bullying in my anti-bullying post]) ... and full disclosure, I was always more of a scholar than an athlete, so I can't even reference "my days in the locker room "(unless you want to count the awkward ones during high school gym, but I've blocked most of those I'm-a-late-bloomer-memories), which maybe discounts my opinion on this subject ...

But with the scathing report released, here's hoping some kind of sensitivity training comes out of it -- if not some other more deserving-punishment.  (And to those who say, overgrown boys will be overgrown boys, let's not forget that this is a workplace for these professionals.  Consider what you'd do if the person in the cubicle next to you [or the google hangout, for those virtual employees] would have acted this way toward you.)

And henceforth, all "yo' mama" jokes (or "your sister" jokes, more accurately stated in this scenario), shall be banned!

THE WELLS REPORT REPORTED:
http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/14/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-report/

NFL NOT IDEAL FOR ANYONE "SOFT":
http://worldsport.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/13/bullying-in-the-nfl-problem-or-part-of-the-game/

BOYS WILL BE BOYS IS NEVER AN EXCUSE:
http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/boys-will-be-boys-is-out-of-bounds-in-98466/


No comments:

Post a Comment