January 22, 2014

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 1/22/14

Bessie Cramps.

Used in a sentence:  "Since I've always thought of Charley Horses to be limited to a certain part of the leg in the upper thigh ... and since my muscle spasms are exclusively in my calves, I'm going to refer to them henceforth as Bessie Cramps."

Not that I get them too often ... but almost always after a night of heavy drinking (dehydration, anyone?) and almost always in the same spot.  And because I have no idea why a horse named Charley is so memorialized by this kind of spasmic event in the first place, I'm at least going to name mine in such a way as to make sense (well, to me) ... and Bessie is what I would say in any kind of word game that asks for the most popular name for a cow (did you miss how I get them exclusively in my calves?).

If you see me fall down and yell "Bessie Cramps!", do a man a favor and start massaging me, eh? (Around my calf area, please ... nothing [too] creepy).  Alternatively, I could limit the number of nights of heavy drinking in my social calendar ... but that seems unlikely ... moves are stress-ful!

DID IT MAYBE ORIGINATE IN CHICAGO ... AT A WHITE SOX GAME?:
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/charley-horse.html

BESSIE CRAMPS GET BETTER WITH REST AND TIME (AND DRINKING WATER):
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002066.htm

GO FIGURE ... NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THE TEN NAMED BESSIE:
http://www.care2.com/causes/10-famous-cows-to-inspire-you.html?page=1



No comments:

Post a Comment