January 22, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 9

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 9:

Weathering *any* meteorological situation with Tom Mother F'in Skilling.

Oops ... sorry .. didn't mean to almost swear there.  It's just hard not to get excited ... about a guy who, in turn, gets so darn excited about all things weather related.  Derechos, polar vortexes, murderous heat waves, flooding ... or even just nice and normal days ... all are presented with vim and vigor such that he literally has to be rushed off the sound stage every time he presents on the newscast because he has so much to share (and much of it stats driven).  He has me so trained that I'd rather turn on the TV to see what's going on in my weather world instead of looking out the window ... which, I think, is the ultimate compliment you can pay someone in that business.

COUNTER:  John Morales?  Steve Weagle?  Some other "chief of meteorology"?  One of you ready to step up?  Or in Florida, is the weather simply sun all the time (except between 2 and 3 in the afternoon ... and except when hurricane winds are a-blowin')?  Can you tell I might have visited a time or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment