January 21, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 10

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 10:

Sampling the goods as if I were on a reality TV show at all the foodie events.

Like the Taste (before it got too thuggy and stabby and dangerous-y) ... or the Weber Grill fest (which had lots of bite size bits of deliciousness) ... or the various food-truck-in-parking-lot gatherings (the mayor won't let them actually drive on the streets and sell) ... all special afternoons that let me live up to my statement that, although I didn't quite qualify as a foodie by literal definition, I was, without a doubt, an "eatie"

COUNTER:  There's literally a website called www.foodtrucksfortlauderdale.com.  I betcha John P Jack Seiler lets 'em drive around, too!  Oh ... and there are events throughout February already scheduled.  Things may be looking up on this front.

No comments:

Post a Comment