January 21, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 1/21/14

Week number two of my annual series accurately named as the "dead celebrity tune trilogy" ... and I stumbled on this youtube video featuring a track from the 1973 vinyl LP pictured to the side ... which I had no idea even existed.

I mean sure, I knew that Archie and his dingbat liked to gather around the piano and sing about Glenn Miller and Herbert Hoover and exclaim "gee, our old LaSalle ran great" (exact lyrics I didn't decipher until quite late in life) ... but I just simply didn't know they put out a whole album of tunes.

Truth be told, while googling to see if I knew any songs of Mindy McCready for tonight's post (the original post I thought I'd be randomly mentioning, but it turns out I didn't ... I only knew from her seizure on Celebrity Rehab) ... I just kept on googling and found another famous person who passed last year who was probably even more deserving of this spot ... Jean Stapleton.

Oh ... and now I have something to look for at flea markets!

JEAN STAPLETON, UNSTIFLED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fThKSNRy8o

No comments:

Post a Comment