January 28, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 1/28/14

And, with this post today, so ends another year of my annual series "dead celebrity tune trilogy" featuring those who passed in the year that just closed.

Why not feature this guy (if it were somehow fifteen years ago in '98, I could have featured this woman with whom he duets)?  And why not feature a song that features the great town of Chicago (and the pawn shops therein), what with me being less than 48 hours away from the big move?

No one does story songs better than country music, and no one does love gone wrong better than Ms. Wynette ... and Mr. Jones (RIP).

[Now here's hoping some random famous people die in 2014 so that I have good tunes to randomly choose next year this time.  Wait a minute ... perhaps I have a priority or two out of whack ...]

IN A PAWNSHOP IN CHICAGO ... :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KniULwvjE


No comments:

Post a Comment