January 27, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 4

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 4:

Transporting myself publicly via Metra, PACE, CTA bus or el.

Now I get why they sell these el maps as wall art ... public transportation is baked in to be a part of Chicago living.  Thanks to the job I had in Schaumburg back in the mid-aughts, I really got to figure things out by spending up to two hours each day back and forth on a combination of all four (and I learned how to sleep with my hand wrapped around my bag so I could catch some z's [and hopefully not miss my stop]).  But it's the el that has taken me many places and been an ever present part of my life (the two apartments near Wrigley ... in the same building ... were literally NEXT to the tracks ... such that I'm not going to know how to live with silent sounds [if you permit that oxymoron] in a new place), so it's the el I'll miss the most.

COUNTER:  According to Mr. Wiki:  "Tri-Rail is a commuter rail line linking Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach ... [a] 70.9 mile long system [with] 18 stations along the Southeast Florida coast."  But the real question is:  "Is there a people-of-the-tri-rail website" mocking its passengers?

No comments:

Post a Comment