January 27, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 1/27/14

Gone but not forgotten:

Snowmobiling through the woods near Elverson in the late seventies.

Disclaimer:  this is an image provided by the google, because I wanted to try to find a machine that looked somewhat authentic to my experience.  As much as I had hoped to find a picture of the one I actually rode in all of my dad's photos after he passed last year, I did not find such a winter shot.  It's almost like someone didn't want marriage #3 to exist.  ;)

Actually, to say I "rode" the snowmobile isn't too accurate, as I think I was up front on someone's lap hanging on for dear life, and the more distinct memory is of the snow hitting my face as we sped through the path in the woods near French Creek State Park (which is where my dad and wife #3 lived, with our blended family, for the few months that marriage lasted).  I couldn't have been but 5 or 6 ... but I'm glad I have that memory of that happy time ... in that moment ... in those woods.

And with the weather as it is right now ... all cold and snowy ... it's the perfect memory for this winter night ... a memory of a moment that is surely missed.

IN THE SPIRIT OF SNOWMOBILING IN THE SEVENTIES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjX7d9IDZg

I LIVED ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THIS PLACE FOR A FEW MONTHS LONG AGO:
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/frenchcreek/

SPEAKING OF EARLY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES:
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/how-far-back-can-you-remember-when-earliest-memories-occur-962749

No comments:

Post a Comment