January 26, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 5

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 5:

Walking home after hopping around the local bars.

I have been spoiled during the last half of my dozen years in Chitown to be able to end a night of social bar crawling ... I mean bar hopping (... as bar crawling in this context sounds like I have a drinking problem when I honestly have no problem drinking ...).  Of course, even walking is not without risk (I know someone who has a scar on his forehead from trying to do this [but hey, it was "slippy out" {as my people back home say}])  Having traveled and socially drank frequently in the last few years, I can state that it is a luxury that few cities offer, and I will most certainly miss it (in five days, I'll be putting extra copper pennies in the car [so as to fool breathalyzers]).

COUNTER:  Since the exact domicile hasn't been secured as of yet, I guess it might be too early to rule out that it won't be a bar-friendly location ... but I fear I'll be much less free to imbibe down south if it's going to involve a car ride home.  (KIDS -- don't drink and drive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment