January 28, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 3

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 3:

Gazing at, driving around, boating on or getting in Lake Michigan.

I may not know how to swim (insert gasp here), but that doesn't mean I don't love the water (double negative alert -- I do love the water).  From the "crick" out behind my mom's third husband's house in Schuylkill Haven to the Quittie by which I grew up (even through college) to the mighty Susquehanna when I was in law school (loved by Demon as well) ... my living near water hit its peak with my time in Chicago enjoying Lake Michigan.  *This* view is the one I saw from the favorite spot on the beach, and is one I'll miss (but certainly keep with me in my mind's eye).

COUNTER:  Does the powerful Atlantic Ocean trump Lake Michigan?  Only time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment