January 14, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 1/14/14

I sure do love a tradition (almost as much as I love a countdown) ... and so, without any further ado, tonight I'm launching my fifth annual "dead celebrity tune trilogy" (yep, this tradition has been with me for the FIVE years I've been posting).

The rules are simple ... for the next three weeks of Tuesdays, the random tunes will each be somehow connected to a celebrity (as I define the word) who passed in the year that just ended.

And I have to kick it off with Lou Reed, if only because I was at the Pearl Jam concert in Baltimore this past October when Eddie added a tune or two that night in honor of the legend.  (Also because I secretly hoped that, at his funeral, there was a row of african american women in a semi-circle behind his casket, saying ... "doo, da doo, da doo, do da do doo, da doo, da doo, doo da doo dooooo".)

THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WALKED ON THE WILD SIDE HAVEN'T YET LIVED:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUntj4z3v0w

No comments:

Post a Comment