January 14, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 17

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago:

Thing 17:

Leaving town via Midway or O'Hare.

I like driving (and I cannot lie), but there are certain trips where one must fly (look at me being all mix-a-lot-esque).  And whether doing the poor man's flight and taking Southwest out of Midway OR the work sponsored trip or two out of O'Hare, I'm afraid to add up the number of hours I've spent in line at the ticketing counter, or at the checkpoint, or wasting time at a restaurant, or camped out in the gate, or next to my appropriate pillar before boarding, or fighting impolite crowds at the luggage area, unsure if my baggage would actually arrive on the carousel I was told.  But you know what ... all that goes out the window (metaphorically) when I catch a glimpse out the window (literally) of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan from many many thousand feet up.

COUNTER:  What's this?  Not one?  Not two?  But *three* airports service what will be my new hometown (Palm Beach, Hollywood AND Miami)!  So many choices (and let's face it, I can always come back to my adopted hometown to visit to get that skyline view again).

No comments:

Post a Comment