January 20, 2014

Random Memorial for Monday 1/20/14

Gone but not forgotten:  my Daddy's chicken boxes.

Among other things, this long weekend (what with the holiday today), was the first BIG packing weekend (three rooms *almost* down ... four to go), and as box after box and bin after bin start piling up by the front door for the movers, I started to miss these 40 lb waxed boxes in which everything was stored when I was little.

I mean, after all, I do come from a heavy-into-the-chicken family ... and my bio-dads did run a chicken plant when I was growing up (which was how he met wives #2 and #4 [the first of which was my bio-moms]) ... so these things were always down in the basement or up in the attic, usually with our winter clothes (come to think of it, I'm not quite sure how it was that I ended up not *smelling* like chicken all the time, but there must have been secret).

Storage containers that I bet would be perfect for the library I've been packing most of the night tonight (I don't think I've ever thrown a book away in my life ... and I don't think I'm starting now), you are most certainly missed!

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE READ THIS FIRST:
http://www.diylife.com/2007/08/10/packing-books-the-best-way/

ACTUALLY, IT LOOKS LIKE THESE TYPES OF BOXES HAVE BEEN "GREENED":
http://interstatecontainer.wordpress.com/tag/greencoat/

SPEAKING OF CHICKEN PLANTS, GRIMES IS CLOSING:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/01/perdue_closing_fredericksburg.html



No comments:

Post a Comment