January 19, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 12

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 12:

Making the rounds of all of the Walker Bros Original Pancake Houses.

I'm not exactly sure how all six current houses of pancakes can each be called original, but I've managed to take family to eat at three of them (all relatively recently ... even though I've been here a dozen years, it took some time to stumble across this gastronomic gem).  I'm a little sad that I'll be leaving town NOT having eaten at the other three (Arlington Heights, Highland Park and Lincolnshire) ... but any sadness I feel is turned to happiness as soon as I recall their special bacon-infused waffles that have made many a visit the highlight of my day.

COUNTER:  IHop ... are you listening?  Bacon-infused waffles!  Can someone in your Florida stores get on that right away please!  I'll be there in about two weeks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment