January 24, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 7

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 7:

Getting my buzz on whilst playing a few rounds of Golden Tee.

I'm *kind of* a social drinker ... and definitely a binge drinker ... which means, on those once or twice a month social evenings, I start my night Golden Tee-ing at the local bar before beginning the bar crawl.  Mind you, I'm not the best player ever (partly because I refuse to use the backspin and bite features [I play au naturale ... well, except I'm wearing clothes that show off my tattoos], much to the chagrin of the pro-player that occasionally joins in at Mahoney's) ... but it is most definitely tradition, and occasionally I finish with a respectable score (as documented by this photo on my phone from Dec 7 2012).

COUNTER:  You would *think* this would be a national game found anywhere, but apparently people play REAL golf in sunny Florida, so the option is not as prevalent.  What *is* at multiple establishments, however, is made by the same company ... Silver Strike Bowling (I guess because all the old folks in Florida bowl?) ... Time to practice my virtual follow-through!

No comments:

Post a Comment