January 16, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 15

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 15:

Walking through the 'hood on my lunch hour.

This one is a relatively new development, although it does hearken back to early Chicago living (2001-2008) when my "exercise" was taking Demon out on his walks, but I'll miss turning my lunch hour into a walk through the 'hood, as I've been doing since fall.  I have a southern path down to my old center and back ... and a western path over to Ashland and back ... and a northern path up to the uptown Target and back ... (I never could get an eastern path up and running because there was a lake in my way).  I know for sure I'll miss them because I haven't been able to go out on one for a while (polar vortex first, now I'm doing moving tasks on lunch break instead), and the weight I shed these past few months is slowly creeping back on.

COUNTER:  Well, there might be an ocean in my way down there, but here's hoping I can upgrade from a daily walk to a daily bike ride on my lunch break  ('cause my cardio is severely lacking, yo).  But if I can't, at least I'll get a tan while I'm out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment