December 25, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 12/25/13

Perfect Polly the Pet Parakeet

Used in a sentence:  "Although I really really really like all of the gifts I received for Christmas this year, I have to be honest and admit that I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get the one that I told Santa I wanted ... Perfect Polly the Pet Parakeet."

Upon reflection, it may be that that guy in a white beard dressed in red sweat pants that wanted me to sit on his lap and whisper what I wanted in his ear may *not* have actually been Santa.  (I thought it was strange that this all happened in the rest room at the mall ... but hey, to each his own this holiday season, right?  Who am I to judge how one gets jolly?)

Oh well ... my 42nd birthday is in a fortnight should anyone wish to get me this motion activated piece of plastic that annoyingly chirps AND realistically moves it tail feathers when someone enters the room and triggers the motion activated sensor (because playing with toys that approximate taxidermied animals is totally normal, right?)  For more details (or to judge for yourself), see the infomercial excerpt below (I was convinced it was a spoof when I first saw it on late night TV).

Oh ... and happy holidays to you and yours.  I hope you got everything that you told your Santa you wanted (wherever you found him).

THIS IS NOT A SPOOF ... AND I MIGHT (OR MIGHT NOT) REALLY WANT IT:
https://www.perfectpollypet.com/

THE LATE NIGHT TV AD THAT FIRST CAUGHT MY EYE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELrZRru0UbQ

SPEAKING OF THE BEST (WORST) INFOMERCIALS EVER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duaiVk_aRgQ




No comments:

Post a Comment