December 24, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 38

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 38:

Trying to escape the bottled water tax.

Truth be told, I probably shouldn't be drinking bottled water in the first place (whilst looking for this graphic, I found one that informed me bottled water was 98% melted ice caps and 2% Polar Bear tears [yikes!]) ...but I will miss the little alarm in my head that was conditioned to go off any time I traveled outside of the city limits that said, "NOW would be a good time to pick up bottled beverages" to avoid the five cents per bottle surcharge!

COUNTER:  That place to which I'm moving (southern Florida) taxes NEWSPAPERS of all things.  So now that's going to be the new thing I'm going to have to try to avoid!  I just don't know how far I'll have to travel to escape the "if you're smart enough to read, then you're rich enough to pay extra" fee!

No comments:

Post a Comment