December 18, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 12/18/13

Hipster-precious.

Used in a sentence:  "As I sat at dinner the other night in the new Honey Butter Fried Chicken restaurant in the hip Logan Square 'hood here in Chicago, it struck me that I had often disparaged the hipster scene, but I realized that there was a whole classification of that which comes from that lifestyle for which I am grateful ... you know ... things that are hipster-precious."

To be fair, even with this epiphany, I still think that some child in some crowd somewhere needs to go all "emperor's new clothes" when it comes to those who think they look smokin' in those package strangling pants known as skinny jeans ... but I guess I can appreciate things more (especially understanding their evolution via this image I found on the google when I searched "hipster precious").

There I was, surrounded by knit caps and ironic facial hair ... dealing with the owners who had decided to upend all restaurant rules (you couldn't sit down until AFTER you ordered and paid, which created a situation where everyone gathered around the perimeter of the space to watch you and yours eat, staring at you especially hard if you dared to converse between bites) ... sticking out a bit because our group was too homogeneous and every other collection of people included one of every color, race, creed and orientation (all in all, not necessarily something I'm mocking, despite how it may sound) ... and I thought ... this is kind of a nice place ... very hipster-precious.

A REFRESHER ON A HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN CLASSIC:
http://hca.gilead.org.il/emperor.html

A REFRESHER ON HIPSTERS:
http://thepubscout.com/2013/02/hipsters-fancy-coffee-and-the-irony-of-irony/

A REFRESHER ON HONEY BUTTER FRIED CHICKEN:
http://www.honeybutter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment