December 27, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 12/27/13

And so ends another year.

I mean, of course, 2013 is fading fast and will be gone in just a few days ... but, in my weekly flashbacks on Friday to twenty years ago, I'm also putting 1993 to bed.

Before I do, there's this pic from a Christmas party at my dad's farm house from the holidays in '93.  To be clear, my "dad's farm house" was where he ended up between wives four and five, and was actually the home in Fredericskburg by the community pool where wife number four lived with her first husband before she ended up with my dad.(we can take the Harry Potter approach and call her "she who shall not be named", if you don't like the number system).  Between that fact and the one that explains that wife number five was actually the ex-wife of wife number four's ex-boyfriend from many years earlier, I can now conclude that, in addition to the stubbornness I've proudly inherited from my father's family, I've probably also inherited a little bit of the spite gene.

Anyway ... where was I?  Oh right ... a holiday party which included this couple -- the guy on the right being my brother.  Well, purely genealogically speaking, he's my half brother, as he came from the union of my dad with wife number one (what I refer to as the WWII family ... my moms was wife number two, if you're counting ... and wife number three was a Parents-without-Partners failed experiment that barely lasted, but, in the tally, she still counts).  I'd mention my brother's name except this was the last time I saw him, and so I no longer remember if it's Clyde/Titus or Glenn (I'm hoping somebody on the Facebook can figure it out).  Regardless, if you look really closely, underneath the sunglasses and all of that facial/other hair ... you can see the resemblance (just focus on the nose and ears, and you'll instantly see the Neidermyer in the both of us)!

And *now*, so ends another year.  See you next Friday to start the flashbacks to 1994!



No comments:

Post a Comment