December 20, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 12/20/13

On *this* day, when my bio-moms turns 70 years old ... it seems like the perfect day to post *this* picture from 1993.

And since my mom is great at writing information on the back of the photos she used to send me, I happen to know that that which is featured in this one was a gift from Skip (my mom's last partner) to celebrate her 50th birthday (and their 10th anniversary) ... some 20 years ago.

[I know that's a lot of math ... but, if numbers aren't your thing, then you can just focus on the pretty lady next to the pretty clock.]

Full transparency ... I'm not the closest with my mom (fate threw all kinds of things at both of us over the course of our lifetimes ... and, well, here we are with a relationship which neither party cultivated, for very valid reasons) ... but that doesn't mean I can't celebrate her big day in a virtual way!

No comments:

Post a Comment