December 19, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 43

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 43:

Passing by all of the dogs in the 'hood when I'm out and about walking in it.

[Only 43 more days until the big move to Florida!]

To this day, I still will recognize more dogs of neighbors than neighbors themselves ... and this is some five and a half years after we lost Demon.  Of course, that all makes sense seeing as how, in passing, I almost always make eye contact with the dog(s) and not the owner(s).  I will miss the ones in this building (the newer upstairs neighbor just got a pit bull puppy to keep the howling beagle company) ... and the others (like the pug lady with her dozen pugs [some on little rolling wheels for their back legs], and the mega-sized Dane, and the huskies down the way, and the bull dog, and the labs, etc etc).  Sigh.

COUNTER:  Although dogs are permitted in the state of Florida, apparently the area to which me and mine are moving includes pockets that enforce breed specific legislation ... so I might not get to see any pretty pit bulls in the new environs.  Double sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment