December 13, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 12/13/13

'Tis the holiday season ... the time for traditions ... (as I've been posting on a countdown on my Facebook all month [that's not content you'll find on the blog ... that's restricted to just my FB connections ... so friend me {and mention the blog} if you want to be one of those "cool" kids)] ... and this particular picture was a tradition back in the day around this time.

This is from twenty years ago in 1993 and was (almost definitely) taken on Christmas Eve, because, for a few years in a row back then, my sister Sherry and I would meet up at the Woodwards (who took me in when I ran away from home back in 1989) ... and we would head over to the Christmas Eve midnight service at Hebron Church (it was just around the corner ... and they had great homemade cookies and punch afterwards ... and that building and its congregation were integral in my development, especially around the time I struck out on my own).

Had we digital photography back then, we probably would have taken this shot a second time, since I was sleepy (or maybe buzzed?  I was 21 that year, after all ...) and didn't keep my eyes open during the flash.  [Perhaps some of you think the photo should have been re-shot after an outfit change ... but, in my opinion, I was rocking those Larry King-ish suspenders and that silk red shirt as only I could in my everything-I-own-was-red-and-black phase].

Since we didn't have that option back then, we had to accept the photo for what it was -- which was a classic holiday memory of a great family tradition!  Happy holidays to Sherry and her family ... and to you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment