December 13, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 49

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 49:

Choosing which ethnicity's 7-11 to walk to in my 'hood.

[It's a new bonus series ... counting down until the big move for me and mine from Chicago to Florida in February 2014 ... in just 49 days!]

For many days, the most exciting decision in the morning was to pick, when it came to acquiring the USA Today, should I go east three blocks to the Arabian 7-11 ... or south one block to the Pacific Rim 7-11 ... or south three blocks to the Jamaican 7-11 (which transitioned recently to the Halfway House 7-11) ... I'll certainly miss so easily walking to such different worldly experiences!

COUNTER:  It's not like there aren't 7-11s in southern Florida ... it's just that they all seem to be driveable ... and time will tell as to whether are all run by the same ethnicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment