December 14, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 48

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 48

Eating a fresh batch of Chicago mix popcorn.

[It's a new bonus series ... counting down until the big move for me and mine from Chicago to Florida in February 2014 ... in just 48 days!]

Sure Garrett's has the marketplace cornered, but any number of potential popcorn-wanna-bes around town also know how to mix the caramel and the cheese to make the perfect fistful of flavor to shove in the waiting mouth of the true Chitowner.  I will certainly miss being drawn in to any of the shops by the enticing scents of this caramel-cheesy conglomeration.

COUNTER:  In theory, I might be able to purchase individual bags of caramel popcorn and cheese popcorn and assemble my own mix.  Anyone know the ratio?  1:1?  1.5 caramel for each 1 of cheese?  Or I guess Garrett's does have a website and I could pay to have it shipped down there, depending on how badly I'm "jones-ing" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment