December 22, 2013

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 40

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 40:

Being on the lookout for the urban coyotes.

I'm not using the descriptive word as any kind of euphemism ... Chicago *literally* has coyotes roaming around ... not that I've ever seen one except on the news (because many other people have ... in convenience stores ... near Wrigley ... all over the suburbs). Part of me really hopes that I run across one in the next forty days before the big move to Florida ... but that remains to be seen ... (I thought one was close a few weeks ago ... except that turned out to be the beagle that moved in with the new girls upstairs who howls like crazy when he's left alone).

COUNTER:  If the interwebs (and a PBS documentary) are to be believed, I'll simply be able to substitute the word "coyote" for "monster pythons" in my new domicile!

No comments:

Post a Comment