November 23, 2013

Random Posting for Penn State 11/23/13

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game:

1.)  Before I start, just a quick side note:  good luck to Matt McGloin, Oakland Raider, and his second game as starting QB tomorrow.
2.)  Well ... the law of averages, right?  We can't be expected to win every game that goes into OT.  And my boy FICKEN can't make everything he kicks.  Oh well.
3.)  Btdubs ... BELTON, I'm not your momma, but if you were too sick to practice all week and you still decided to stand on the sidelines today in the cold and snow, at least put on a hat and scarf, won't ya?
4.)  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  I know they play football in warm climates, too, but seeing the white stuff coming down just made it feel like home during this time of year!
5.)  Thank you Buffalo Wild Wings for sponsoring the half time report.  It's inspired me to try to get your commercial's catch phrase to really go viral.  During my next public dinner, I plan to stand up and yell, "I'm a big strong man!"
6.)  So coach said HACKENBERG never looked better than last week against Purdue.  Sadly, that was the game I listened to all old-timey style on the car radio, so he only sounded better to me.
7.)  Turns out HACKENBERG is from Palmyra.  That's like two towns over from my hometown in PA.  Wait?  What?  Palmyra VA not Palmyra PA?  Oh ... never mind.
8.)  Boy that ZWINAK sure can twirl ... Wait?  What?  That's what the halftime fire thrower performer calls it?  Oh ... well then ... boy that ZWINAK sure can spin.
9.)  I may be a Penn State fan, but I felt a little something for the Cornhuskers because, truth be told, I'm a corn-husker at my house (as that's my task when the fresh ears of corn are eaten in the summertime).

In closing thanks to Kyle Baublitz, Kevin Blanchard, Alex Butterworth, Glenn Carson, Bryan Davie, Brandon Felder, Garry Gilliam, Adam Gress, Ty Howle, DaQuan Jones, Alex Kenney, Matt Lehman, Stephen OBeng-Agyapong, Eric Shrive, John Urschel, Malcolm Willis and Pat Zerbe -- seniors who experienced a whole hell of a lot during their time at Penn State ... and the countdown to our next post-season game that may or may not be as late as 2016 stands at no more than 37 more games (but may be a bit less)!

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EACH SENIOR:
http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-football-senior-day-a-capsule-look-at-all-17-nittany-lion-seniors,1416524/

PERSPECTIVE ON THE 2013 SENIOR CLASS:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_f362fb7e-5315-11e3-bb95-0019bb30f31a.html

I'M A BIG STRONG MAN!!!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XJyH2RJsvM

No comments:

Post a Comment