October 8, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/8/13

One week from now, I'll have in my hands the latest release from Pearl Jam since the last release from Pearl Jam, which means we are finally to "Backspacer" in my ongoing P Jam Jam count down.

Although I refuse to play favorites, I do love me some "Backspacer", and I can understand why it was nominated for a Grammy as it represents how this group of guys can just get better and better as time passes.  In the multi-dimensional presentation that they've become known for in their advanced releases, we get the fast paced opening addictive duo speaking to addiction of "Gonna See My Friend" and "Got Some" and the out-Coldplaying strength of building soaring chords in "Unthought Known".

Clearly from the accompanying image, it's another song duo (even if the tracks aren't right next to each other) of "Just Breathe" and "The End" that are my picks for tonight.  And, happily, Eddie agrees with me that they are companion songs, as evidenced by the Youtube video I found from Seattle 2009 where he places them back to back in performance.  How can you not get all choked up in the "live in the moment" instructions in the first song that speaks of how life is all too fleeting, foreshadowing the final cries of the loved one leaving in the latter.  Here's to being one of the lucky ones who learns before it is too late to ... just breathe ... and to appreciate the loves in his life before ... the end.

"Oh I'm a lucky man
To count on both hands the ones I love
Some folks just have one
Yeah others they've got none"

LIGHTNING BOLT ARRIVES in JUST 1 WEEK!

PERFECTLY TIMED FOR A P JAM JAM THAT IS WRAPPING UP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990mPRb3T50




No comments:

Post a Comment