October 15, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/15/13

An afternoon of panic (my local Target, which I checked on my lunch break, was sold out, in a frightening case of over-demanded & under-supplied) turned into an evening of bliss when today's release to which I've been counting down over the last ten weeks was located at a nearby independent retailer and procured by the mine half of "me and mine" and hand delivered to me an hour ago.

[NOTE:  I was informed that a shout-out on the blog was expected, and so now that obligation is discharged -- plus, I'm really really really grateful!].

[SECOND NOTE:  I am aware that the whole album has been available on the iTunes for the last week, but if you can't tell by my use of the word "album", I'm a little old for such new fangled sources by which to consume my media, and, I've also, as a matter of pride, never drank the iKoolAid.]

Of course, that also means I've only been able to give 'Lighting Bolt' a speed-listen so far, and so I've briefly heard the optimistic love song of 'Future Days' and have been flash-attracted to the apocalyptic end-of-times vibe of 'Infallible' (as you may know/recall, I did so *love* marking the days leading up to the Mayan faux-pocalypse last year in my last big [and much longer] countdown series).  I'm a little scared that I might relate a little too much to the nature/nurture debate seemingly underpinning 'My Father's Son' (I'll save any more commentary on that tune for my nonexistent therapy sessions) and I'm not in a mood to be saddened by the withered-love-on-the-vine message of 'Sleeping by Myself'.

So the tune I choose by which I will end this P Jam Jam is the one that might be the opening song of the current concert tour (based on what I've found on the youtube), and the song that I learned by text today is one of the favorites of one of my best friends back home in PA ... the one that captures how life goes on, day in, day out, highs and lows, to and fro ... or, as poet Vedder states ...

"We are here and then we go
My shadow left me long ago
Understand what we don't know
This might pass, this might last, this may grow
Easy come and easy go
Easy left me a long time ago"

And so ends the P Jam Jam!  (Or does it?  Come back tomorrow to see how the Jam will go on ...)

TO AND FRO ... TO AND FRO ...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlucRMk5mM


No comments:

Post a Comment