October 16, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 10/16/13

Concert Quest

Used in a sentence:  "Courtesy of a surprise invite to one venue which will celebrate a milestone personal event, followed by action taken regarding an upcoming getaway for a second venue, and with hopes that long term 2014 plans soon get settled that will allow the choice of a third venue ... I have now embarked on a new quest -- a Concert Quest."

To whit ... SUN OCT 27th in Baltimore MD, I will be extending my P Jam Jam in the best possible jamming way, by attending the 'Lighting Bolt' tour on a sold out night.  I thought all hope was lost, since I had missed the deadline for the fan club raffle (any surprise I'm in the fan club?  and that I'm an analog member due to my old age?  and that I missed a deadline?), and then, out of the blue, my college roommate Jon M invited me to attend.  As you'll see with the Friday flashbacks over the next few weeks/months, it's the 20th anniversary of our time together at LVC, so it's the perfect way to get a reunion out of it, and I couldn't be more grateful at what's going to happen -- a truly unexpected (and amazing) turn of events.  (Of course, as it was a surprise, I am literally driving in for a concert on Sunday night and turning around Monday morning for the return trip to Chicago!).

Then, on THU NOV 14th in Royal Oaks, MI, I will be enjoying the sounds of another band that released their latest album on the same day this week as Pearl Jam did -- when Toad the Wet Sprocket comes to town (well, to the suburbs of Detroit, which is where me and mine will be relocating for the weekend).  My copy of 'Constellation', their new release, is on its way to me (according to the fine folks at Amazon.com), so it will have arrived in plenty of time for me to get up to speed on the latest from this classic band from my college decade.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get the 2014 Cher dates locked down (you know, as in take out a loan, rob a bank, and, most importantly, figure out the best date and location to see her ... well ... any doubt it will be anything other than an ... extravaganza) ...

Concert Quest is officially ON!

BALTIMORE BABY!:
http://pearljam.com/tour

TOAD BABY!:
https://www.songkick.com/artists/49302-toad-the-wet-sprocket/calendar

CHER BABY!:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Cher-tickets/artist/734742


No comments:

Post a Comment