October 10, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 10/10/13

Warning:  the judgiest of you might find this uncouth, or premature, or selfish, or self-centered, or some other characterization that I haven't named outright  ... but, look, when you run across something so perfectly suited to be a gift for yourself, and with holidays coming in just under 50 days (for my Jewish Thanks-mukkah friends -- what are you doing this year, lighting candles around the turkey?) or 75 days (for my traditional Christians and/or Santa Claus lovers regardless of religion) or 100 days (for my Serbian and other Orthodox folks, which, speaking of gifting, is also the same day as my birthday [I've always shared my personal celebration with the Ukrainian Jesus]), you simply have to put it out there, all Oprah/The Secret style.

I'm not talking about new music (I already have the latest Cher album, I'm going to get Pearl Jam's 'Lightning Bolt' in about 112 hours, I'll surely have found the brand new Toad the Wet Sprocket release coming out the same day but maybe not available at my Target but certainly able to be purchased when they come to town for a concert on 11.16) ... and although I'm looking for 2014 Cher concert tickets, I don't expect anyone out there to get a personal loan to afford those seats (something I'm now considering) ... nor do I need any new socks or underwear or wifebeaters (which, surprise!, is my basic work from home "uniform" when I'm not in meetings on camera) ... and I keep bacon in the apartment at all times (what with it being perishable, it's key to constantly be eating it and then replacing it, and not leaving its supply up to chance) ...

Instead, courtesy of last night's episode of ABC's new comedy "Back in the Game", currently squeezed between insta-classics "The Middle" and "Modern Family", I now have seen a toothpick necklace (what's shown in the picture comes close, but doesn't quite do justice to the prop that was on display last night).

Come on, those of you who know me well , could you think of anything more perfect for me?  PS -- if you check out my 20+ year old pictures on the Facebook, you'll see I prefer(red) gold bling over silver, should you be reaching for your wallets to make said purchase.

Happy upcoming holidays to you and yours!  My wish for you -- beyond good health and general happiness and world peace and what not -- may you get everything so clearly made for you as this item is for me!

THE EPISODE IN WHICH MY PERFECT GIFT WAS PRESENTED:
http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2013/10/back-game-recap-play-hard-or-go-home

PLEASE JUST MAKE SURE IT'S FULLY FUNCTIONAL:
http://www.hancholo.com/index.php/shop/new-releases/necklaces/toothpick.html

AND IF YOU'RE LOOKING AHEAD TO WHAT TO GET ME ON VALENTINE'S DAY:
http://thechive.com/2012/03/20/make-your-own-bacon-roses-21-photos/


No comments:

Post a Comment