October 12, 2013

Random Posting for Penn State 10/12/13

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game!

1.)  #OTOTOTOT #nowthatsafootballgame
2.)  Good thing I saw this game live and didn't DVR it for later, as I would have missed the last (and most important) 75 minutes!
3.)  Good thing we have a bye week again next week, as I think this party's gonna last awhile!
4.)  Ballsy move there, O'Brien!  Gotta love it!!
5.)  Atta boys to FICKEN ... and to HACKENBERG ... and to ROBINSON ... and all around!
6.)  And Mr. Announcerman, that was a little dickish of you poking fun of ROBINSON in those last two OT plays and saying "oh, he should have caught those".  Did you forget his awesome catch that got us to OT in the first place?
7.)  And speaking of announcermen, I swear I heard one of them say at the beginning of the game that he HACKENBERG "had a big arm and was a gym rat and was bright, which can sometimes be a detriment in this sport".  [Is that why I never played the game -- is it that I'm too bright as well?]
8.)  I recognize that I'm not the most sophisticated of fan, but does the new bright green line for "field goal range" really help me as a viewer (not that I want them to get rid of the first down line or anything) ...
9.)  Sometimes I forget that HACKENBERG is only 18, but nothing made me remember it more than when they showed the Michigan kicker GIBBONS, who, as a fifth year redshirt, looked to me like he was in his late 30's.

In closing, thanks fans for the visual beauty of a white-out after the sun goes down (except for the pink breast cancer awareness zone ... and those three lonely MI fans in the sea [snow?] of white who clearly wanted to make a statement) ... and the countdown to our next post-season game that may or may not be as late as 2016 stands at no more than 42 more games (but may be a bit less)!

"IMAGINARY BOUNDARIES NOW COME TO LIFE" THE COMPANY SAYS:
http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/09/hamilton_technology_company_changes_the_way_sports_are_broadcast.html

IS 34 HIS NUMBER OR HIS AGE ... JUST SAYIN':
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brendan_gibbons_470886.html

I THOUGHT WE WERE MAYBE GOING FOR THE OT RECORD:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=233050096

No comments:

Post a Comment