September 9, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 9/9/13

[Soon to be] gone but not forgotten:  baths in bathrooms.

Although I didn't see it first hand this past weekend spending each night in a different hotel room, it appears that the hotel bathroom that actually has a bath in it are likely to become a thing of the past.  Customers don't have time to soak ... showers look more spacious ... and baths take up too much room.

Who knows ... maybe bathless bathrooms will finally put to rest what to call these types of rooms (particularly in public settings).  I grew up with bathrooms and restrooms, and then moved to the midwest where they were called washrooms ... but I've settled on a non-descriptive "facilities" when communicating to others how to find a place to eliminate liquid or solid waste (although, let's be honest, I also strive to avoid those kinds of conversations with folks as much as possible).

Come to think of it, and not counting a hot tub experience (of whatever kind comes to mind when I say "hot tub experience"), I don't think I've taken a bath since living in the house on Walnut St in Lebanon in the late nineties -- which didn't have a shower as an option.  Disclaimer:  I have showered since then -- a few times, but probably not as often as I should have.

Should that day come when rooms with baths are simply a relic of the past (and, for me, they kind of are already in function if not in form)... you will be missed.

BYE BYE BATHS!:
http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/story/2011/05/Many-hotels-take-bath-out-of-hotel-bathrooms/47361954/1

SPEAKING OF HOTEL BATHROOMS ... :
http://www.babble.com/travel/25-best-hotel-bathrooms/

BREAKING DOWN THE NAME OF THE PLACE WHERE ONE ELIMINATES WASTE:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8281/washroom-restroom-bathroom-lavatory-toilet-or-toilet-room

No comments:

Post a Comment