June 25, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/25/13

I survived the celebrations -- and so did the car (although it was covered in fireworks detritus today when I moved it to avoid street cleaning -- and, street cleaning was definitely needed in the 'hood today of all days)!

So of course I'm choosing this tune for today ... but I'm selecting the actual full length song (who knew? -- it's not just some random collection of dums and das to be sung in the key of inebriated like I thought it was).

Don't yet know about that which I'm posting?  This is the dum da-da-dum da-da-dum da-da-da-da-da-da-dum da-da-dum da-da-dum song that the Hawks (and others) use to celebrate a goal.

Funniest rendition of it (that I sadly did not tape -- and, more sadly [sadlier?], that I just said I didn't *tape* instead of didn't *record*, tipping my hat as to my age) was from a bunch of drunks last night who attempted to sing it out as they stumbled past the apartment, but who couldn't get it coordinated (practice -- drunk boys -- you must practice), proving it's a much easier song to sing along with than it is to just spontaneously start singing with your bandwagon buds (or maybe you were true fans -- who am I to judge).

If the Wiki is to be believed (and, after all, why would Mr. or Mrs. Wiki lie [or their kids or their employees -- or whomever is the authority for that website]), the song's title is an homage to the singer's wife's burlesque name plus wordplay on a certain Ms. Spears, of erstwhile pop culture fame.  There you go boys -- now you know -- now go learn the rest of the words (beyond the dums and the das) and REALLY impress me next time when you wake me up in the middle of the night in your drunken stupor!

MR. (OR MS.) WIKI ALSO SAYS THIS WAS SONG #77 IN THE TOP 100 OF 2007!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4


No comments:

Post a Comment