June 24, 2013

Random (un)Memorial for Monday 6/24/13

Resurrected and happily remembered:  twinkies!

I think this is a first for me and my posts.  Something that was memorialized in a post on 11.19.12 is now making a return (or soon will be making a return -- word on the street is that the aforementioned treat will be in stores by July 15th).

So I guess my opening is the opposite of my regular Monday phrasing of "gone but not forgotten".  I was going to say "the twinkies are coming back!" but I didn't want folks to get confused and think I was reporting on the upcoming parade a few blocks away this next weekend.  Although, if the fancy shoe fits ...

Anyway -- I know bells can't be unrung, but can memorials be taken back?  And, as someone who is a fan of Tastykakes and Little Debbies, am I really as excited about my third choice returning to store shelves as this might appear?  Here's why I am -- the company that bought the rights to make these snack cakes also owns Hardees/CarlJrs ... of which there is one just across the border on the toll road in Indiana ... and they have deep fryers in their kitchens ... which means ...

... opportunity to put deep-fried twinkies on a fast food menu someplace to which I have regular access (instead of waiting for the once a year state fair/carnival setting), let's not be missed (I'm talking to you, executives)!

DOES THE POPE COUNT THIS AS A MIRACLE?:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/twinkies-set-make-sweetest-comeback/story?id=19468409#.Ucjg5Du-qUI

AND MAYBE WITH A NEW PITCHMAN AS WELL?:
http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2013/03/12/twinkies-new-owner-zach-galifianakis-will-ferrell-could-be-new-pitchmen/?mod=wsj_nview_latest

SO ... TODAY'S NEWS MAKES THIS POST (AND ITS HEADSTONE) A BIT PREMATURE:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search?q=twinkies&x=-1058&y=-301


No comments:

Post a Comment