June 18, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/18/13

Truth be told, I was afraid I'd be writing something about Baby (seen her jumping into a basket of warm laundry) more in line with my Monday Memorial posts, but, hopefully, we've turned a corner for this 15 1/2 year old cat ... and she'll be around a bit longer.

Meaning -- last week, she decided to stop getting excited about splitting a can of tuna with Murder each night before bedtime, and I'm pretty sure she just started some kind of hunger strike -- a conclusion I drew because I'm almost certain that she hasn't eliminated solid waste since that day (she's also protested not being the only cat in the household by choosing to use the bathroom rug as her litter box most times).  I monitored the lethargy and loss of balance and increased thirst ... and then got really scared yesterday when the skin visible in front of her ears turned yellow with jaundice.

Luckily, the vet today gave her fluids, appetite-enhancement medication, liver drugs and the instruction for me to get her to eat no matter what (she'll be sampling a new smattering of wet foods in the days ahead) ... and, fingers crossed, I'll have a picture of cat poop to post to Facebook to show that it's not yet her time to go.  (Because if there ever was a situation perfectly designed for social media, it's celebrating Baby's first bowel movement since she took ill, right?)

Which finally brings me to today's tune -- and it needs to be listened to in context.  When Muddy Waters sings "Baby, please don't go", I don't mean it to mean "Baby, please don't defecate" (as she really needs to start sh!tting ASAP), and, instead, for it to mean "Baby, don't you die"!

MUDDY WATERS PROBABLY DIDN'T INTEND FOR ME TO USE THE SONG THIS WAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-fNKeQaYUo

No comments:

Post a Comment