June 11, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/11/13

I blame the Tonys this past weekend.  (Or is that the Tony's?  Or maybe the Tonies?  Or, in a nod to my youth, maybe whatever the plural is of Tony Toni Tone?  Or, as a fail safe -- the Tony Awards ... sometimes, the easiest plural is right in front of your face.)

Why? -- Because it put me in the mood to finally take something off the over-crowded DVR yesterday when I had a day off from work.

PBS recently ran a special that was the Australian production of the sequel to Phantom of the Opera.  Based on how the whole Andrew Lloyd/Sarah relationship played out, I have to say I'm not too surprised as to what happened to Christine (wait -- should I have said "spoiler alert" first?) ... and I was secretly hoping that some tragedy would befall young Gustav so that there would be a Phantom:  Next Generation to complete what would then be a trilogy (although I guess there's still room for that).

Although the title song of Love Never Dies was beautiful and haunting and slightly maybe a theme song for stalkers ... it was the turn of phrase in this song (that I was learning  for the first time) to which I was most drawn.

My goal -- to work "devil take the hindmost" into my regular vernacular rotation.

FOR TODAY'S TUNE -- THE REPRISE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTzWR3Msx8

No comments:

Post a Comment