June 10, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 6/10/13

Gone but not forgotten:  everybody I "know" from the TV season that just ended.

My name is Troy, and I'm a TV addict.  I'm pretty sure that's the first step in a program, which is why I say it so often (however, in all transparency, I'm not sure that I've made it beyond that step).  I felt a little bit of a "blah" coming on, and I realized that it's that time of year where I have to deal with the fact that many of the shows I watch take a few months off -- or worse yet, never come back.

 I think this may have been brought on by watching the season finale of Arrow on demand this past weekend (they said it would be "epic", and boy -- they weren't kidding) and knowing that, this week, I have to wrap up Touch forever, and The Mindi Project for the summer (having already finished with New Girl and Parks and Rec and Community and The Office and Raising Hope and ABC Wednesday comedies and CBS Monday and Thursday comedies and ... well ... you now understand the addiction issue, right?) ...

Of course, there is the latest editions of TVGuide and Entertainment Weekly that both promote a jam-packed summer of Falling Skies and Dexter and Teen Wolf and Hot in Cleveland and Newsroom and True Blood and Under the Dome and Top Chef Masters and Honey Boo Boo and The Pitch and Breaking Bad and ... you know what ... I really do have a problem.  But now I'm more excited than sad so I guess I kind of healed myself of the "funk" I was starting to feel.

So ... some forever, some until the inevitable reunion special, some until a where-are-they-now-special is made, some until a network has a milestone anniversary special, some until the cast starts dying off and the survivors get feted at an awards show ... but all these characters in the aggregate -- you will be missed.

LIVING WITHOUT TELEVISION (A LIST OF ALTERNATIVES):
http://www.december.com/simple/live/notv.html

A 17 STEP PROGRAM? (IS THAT LIKE A 17 EPISODE SERIES):
http://www.rd.com/health/17-ways-to-beat-your-television-addiction/

THE ENABLERS:
http://www.tvguide.com/special/summer-tv/newshows.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment