May 29, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 5/29/13

Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web.

Used in a multiple choice question that I will ask my grandchildren (note to self:  must check to see if one can have grandchildren without first having children, as, let's face it, time's flying by) where one should choose the answer that represents the one thing NOT true:

Question -- When it comes to computer stuff, I am so old that I ...

A)  played my first video game downloaded to the computer via a cassette tape (Rabbit Chaser on a Commodore VIC-20, to be exact -- unless this is the one that isn't true, and then maybe I'm making that up).

B)  had a high school programming class (in BASIC),  where we spent the first month learning how to make "my name is Troy" run across the screen over and over again (and followed that up with advanced computer programming in Pascal where I don't know what I used it for except learning about all things Boolean).

C)  searched the internet using Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web (because I was friends with both Al G and Jerry [or David -- can't remember which one]).

D)  didn't get my first email address until my late twenties (and yes, it was on AOL -- and, yes, I did without one just fine).

The answer is C.  All the others are true.  My grandkids (after I get some somewhere) are going to be aghast.

THIS IS A FUN WEBSITE!:
http://www.sotruefacts.com/?page=1

OH THOSE CRAZY COMPUTER KIDS:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/feb/01/microsoft.technology

YEP .. MY FIRST VIDEO GAME:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_fvngH_j3I



No comments:

Post a Comment