May 30, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 5/30/13

You must be of a certain age (close to mine) to understand how ...

... I still catch myself squinting one eye and hearing that unmistakable tech-laced-springy sound effect in my head (it's available for review at the youtube link below) when I'm straining to see something far away.

... had I hair of necessary length, I would hear those same noises as I moved it behind my ear when straining to hear something.

... if I come across a pencil on the floor, I will sometimes step right on and act relieved that I didn't crush it to a powder (which was the way Steve and Jamie tested to see if the person to whom they were speaking had been replaced by a [much heavier] fembot).

... one of my favorite and happiest memories of my youth is starting at the top of the stairs, and slow-motion bending down and springing up to start a jump, and then bounding down all of the stairs until the last one, where I would exaggerate the landing, hearing that noise in my head the whole time.

Just a warning to all those parents out there with little ones attached to today's "screens", lest you think that TV doesn't have an impact on young minds (or is it just that I'm quite impressionable and have a touch of bionic-envy)?

I'D LIKE THIS AS A RING TONE PLEASE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJ2ZjYlY38

THE PENCIL TRICK, RECORDED IN A WIKI BY FANS:
http://bionic.wikia.com/wiki/Fembot

ALL JOKES ASIDE, MODERN BIONICS PLAY A BIG ROLE!:
http://www.fastcompany.com/1514543/bionic-legs-i-limbs-and-other-super-human-prostheses-youll-envy

No comments:

Post a Comment